The provided text emphasizes the need for increased gender diversity and leadership opportunities for women in the crypto world. The author suggests three essential steps that crypto firms should take to achieve this:
1. Eliminate Exclusionary Behaviour:
– Prohibit exclusionary behaviour that limits women’s access to advancement and networking opportunities.
– Top-down commitment from crypto leaders is crucial to reducing or eliminating exclusionary behaviour.
2. Adopt Discrimination-Resistant Personnel Procedures:
– Implement procedures that resist the influence of stereotypes and biases in hiring, compensation, responsibility assignment, and promotion.
– Address concerns about affinity bias by establishing specific, objective, and comprehensive criteria for personnel decisions.
– Involve more than one person in each personnel decision, requiring them to explain their choices to counter biases.
3. Provide Equal Leadership Advice and Coaching:
– Ensure that women receive evaluations, advice, and coaching that are as thorough, constructive, and supportive as their male counterparts.
– Extend equal opportunities for leadership development, training, and support to women.
The author argues that these steps are crucial for creating a more welcoming environment for women in the crypto industry and promoting gender equality. Increased diversity is seen as not only beneficial for women’s career opportunities but also as a positive influence on crypto culture and innovation. The text suggests that recognizing the self-interest of crypto firms in achieving these goals is essential for driving positive change.